TAKE CARE OF YOUR FEET FOR MINIMAL OR NO COST
DR COMFORT shoes, slippers, socks and inserts are designed to keep your feet healthy - today and tomorrow.
Qualifying patients are eligible for one pair of extra-depth shoes and three pairs of inserts every calendar year at little or no cost.
We can bill both Medicare and Medicaid for diabetic shoes.
Since 1983, Medicare Part B has provided partial reimbursement for extra-depth shoes and inserts for qualifying patients with diabetes. Medical experts agree that many amputations resulting from diabetes-related foot complications can be prevented by appropriate, properly fitting footwear.
To qualify for Medicare reimbursement, your certifying physician (M.D. or D.O.) must confirm that:
- You have diabetes mellitus.
- You exhibit one or more of these at-risk factors:
- Partial or complete foot amputation
- History of previous foot ulceration
- History of pre-ulcerative callus
- Peripheral neuropathy with evidence of callus formation
- Foot deformity
- Poor circulation
- You are being treated under a comprehensive care plan for your diabetes and would benefit from therapeutic footwear
Dr. Comfort's shoes, slippers and socks are the best fitting, finest quality therapeutic footwear available. In many cases, our shoes are covered by Medicare.